2022 Izele Photo Competition
Clique aqui para ver esta página em Português.
The 2022 Izele Photo Competition is open to anyone who wants to share a photo taken at any of the conservation areas featured on Izele.
There is a prize of US$100 for the best photo taken in each of Eswatini, Mozambique and South Africa (one prize per country), plus a US$50 bonus going to the managers of the Izele pages where the photos were taken.
The deadline for submitting a photo is Sunday June 19th 2022 and we will announce the winners later that month.
How to enter
- Prizes will go to the best photo taken in any of the conservation areas with an Izele page. The photo can be of wildlife (animals, fungi and/or plants), landscapes or a conservation issue. You can submit up to 5 photos, with a maximum of 2 photos per conservation area.
- You must own copyright of the photo and please do not share photos of other people, unless you have their permission. Please do not post photos that contain sensitive information, e.g., a photo showing the location of a black rhino or a cycad that could be used by poachers.
- Izele users must be over 13 and if you are under 18 then you will need a parent or guardian to accept your prize on your behalf, if you win. You should post photos as yourself, rather than on behalf of any pages you manage.
- Check if the conservation area has an Izele page by using the search bar at the top of each Izele page. If the conservation area does not have an Izele page, then get in touch with them and ask them to create one – it’s easy and free of charge.
- Log in to Izele and visit the news feed on the 2022 Izele Photo Competition page here. If you do not have an Izele account then create one by signing up here.
Add a post to the competition page. The post should:
- Describe what the photo shows.
- Include the name of the conservation area and the web link to its Izele page (e.g. https://izele.org/296/mlawula-nature-reserve/).
- Add the photo by clicking the camera icon. The photo must be smaller than 8 MB.
- Once you have added the post then it will be checked by our Izele team. If the post is suitable then it will be approved by us and will also be added to the conservation area’s Izele page. We may use your image in our social media posts about the photo competition and will acknowledge you if we do. Check our Terms for more details.
- The Izele team will select the best photos, check with the conservation area page manager that the photo is likely to be genuine and announce the winners in the last two weeks of June.
Getting in touch
If you have any questions about the photo competition then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.