The data controller for Izele is Izele Community Interest Company, 71 New Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent, England, CT1 3DZ. You can contact us through the Izele website.
- You don’t need to create an account with Izele to view public, published information.
If you choose to create an account, we require you to provide some personal information so that we can provide our services to you. This information includes:
- Full name
- Email address (if you register through Facebook, we also request your email)
- The country you live and/or work in
- Your photograph, if you choose to provide one.
- We collect some information about the device you access Izele through (such as the IP address – a code allocated by your Internet Service Provider that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based) and the content you browse on Izele.
- We collection information in or about the content that you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.
- Other people may use our Services to share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people may share a photo of you or share information about you that you shared with them. If you have concerns with someone's post, you should report the post immediately.
- We collect information on how you use our services, such as the types of content you view and the frequency and duration of your activities. We use this information to improve Izele.
- We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13.
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing. You are responsible for choosing a secure password that you should keep confidential and do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who works for us. We cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and you provide it at your own risk.
- All posts on Izele are public. If you post on Izele as yourself, rather than an organisation, your name will be shown.
- You are responsible for anything that you post – you should think carefully about anything that you post, especially if it is personal and/or sensitive information. We strongly recommend you avoid sharing personal details such as address or age.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have permission to publically share any photographs or files that you choose to post on/add to Izele.
- We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post on Izele.
- We use your email address or Facebook authenticated login to authenticate your account and to help prevent spam, fraud and other abuse.
- We may contact you using the above regarding the management of your Izele account – for example if you forget your password. This contact cannot be opted out from.
- If you have opted to receive any of the Izele newsletters, we will send them to the email address you have provided.
- Every Izele account has a personal page associated with it that aggregates information from pages you follow and allows you to add posts to yourself. These are private by default, but you can choose to make them public.
- You are responsible for any information that you add to your personal page, but not that aggregated from a third party.
We do not share your personal data with other people or organisations that are not directly linked to us except as follows:
- We may share your data to organisations that provide services on our behalf, such as making online payments.
- We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organisation if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, or to protect our rights.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Keep you signed in
- Understand how you use Izele
- If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold on you, please write to the Izele Data Protection Officer at Izele CIC, Roper Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7EX or contact us through the Izele website. There is no fee to obtain a copy of this data, though we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- You can withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time.
- You have the right to ask us to delete or restrict your personal data. There may be exceptions to this for legal reasons which we will detail in our response to you if appropriate. Your personal data may be retained as part of our backups, but will eventually be removed as backup data are obsoleted.
Policy last updated: 2021-02-19.