Izele is the online social network for people who care about nature. These Terms
and Conditions provide more details about our approach and how they are designed to protect you from
malicious content. They also explain how we will never send your contact details to anyone without your
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR"), is our terms of service that
governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Izele. By using or accessing Izele, you
agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 7 below.
Izele is designed for three groups: organisations dedicated to the conservation of biodiversity, people who are interested in nature and
conserving biodiversity, and companies that sell goods and services of potential interest to these organisations and individuals. This means
Izele pages should only focus on issues relating to biodiversity conservation.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Izele, and you can control how it is shared.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP
content), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive,
transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you
post on or in connection with Izele (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP
content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a
computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a
reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing everyone, including
people who have not registered forIzele, to access and use that information, and to associate it
with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Izele, but you understand that we
may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as
you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Izele safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Izele safe,
which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Izele.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Izele, using automated
means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Izele.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence;
or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use Izele to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or
appearance of Izele, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or
other Izele functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
Izele users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here
are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your
- You will not provide any false personal information on Izele, or create an account for anyone
other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal feed primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use an Izele
Page for such purposes.
- You will not use Izele if you are under 13.
- You will not use Izele if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to
remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains
about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Izele that infringes or violates someone else's
rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Izele if we believe that it violates this
Statement or our policies.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks. If you collect
information from users, you will: obtain their consent, make it clear you (and not Izele) are the
and how you will use it.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Izele.
Mobile and Other Devices
- Please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as data charges,
will still apply.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an
application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Izele.
- We'll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and
comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this
Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the Izele Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or
guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal
exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Izele to you. We will notify you by email or at
the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your
application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or
relating to this Statement or Izele exclusively in the United Kingdom.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Izele, you
will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind
(including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for
user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Izele and are not responsible for the
content or information users transmit or share on Izele. We are not responsible for any offensive,
inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter
on Izele. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Izele.
- We try to keep Izele up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing Izele
as is without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of
merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that
Izele will always be safe, secure or error-free or that Izele will always function without
disruptions, delays or imperfections. Izele is not responsible for the actions, content,
information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and
agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with
any claim you have against any such third parties. We will not be liable to you for any lost profits
or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection
with this statement or Izele, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- By "Izele" or" Izele Services" we mean the features and services we make available, including
through (a) our website at www.izele.com and any other Izele branded or co-branded websites
(including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c)
social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other
media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing
or later developed. Izele reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of
our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including
application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from Izele or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and
non-users who interact with Izele.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Izele Services.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or
information that you or third parties can retrieve from Izele or provide to Izele through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on Izele or otherwise make available by using Izele.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and
create derivative works of.
By biodiversity conservation we mean “Active management of the biosphere to ensure the survival of the maximum diversity of species
and the maintenance of genetic variability within species. It includes the maintenance of biosphere function e.g. nutrient cycling
and ecosystem function. The term also includes the concept of sustainable resource use so that the environment may yield the greatest
sustainable benefit to current generations while maintaining its potential to meet the needs and aspirations of future generations.
Conservation of species and biological processes must be simultaneous with conservation of abiotic resources or it is unlikely to
succeed” (as defined in Biodiversity A-Z).
- This Statement is an agreement between you and Izele Community Interest Company.
References to "us," "we," and "our" mean Izele Community Interest Company.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Izele, and supersedes any
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in
full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection
with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third-party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Izele.
If we change our policy, we will post the changes here. We may also email our registered users if appropriate.
Terms last updated: 2021-02-19