In Izele you can create pages for your conservation area, conservation organisation or conservation project. A conservation area is any patch of land or water that you think is important, a conservation organisation is any group of people with a shared purpose and goals that include conserving nature, and a conservation project is a specific set of activities being undertaken by a conservation area, organisation or individual.
Creating a page
- Once you have logged in, go to the menu in the top right of the screen and select + Create a new page.
- You have the option to create an Organisation page or a Project page. Select one of them.
Setting your page name
- In the box asking about your page name, type your organisation/project’s name. As you type, Izele will show you similar names that are already included in Izele (either because they have a page or a page has listed them as a partner).
- If your organisation/project name is not listed then click on the Continue button.
- If your organisation/project name is listed, then click on it and you will get one of two options: (A) If the name is used by an existing page you will get the message “This name has already been taken, if you would like to register a page with a similar name, we suggest adding the country you work in”. Follow the instructions by modifying your name so it is still recognisable but not identical to the existing name. (B) If the name is listed as a partner by another page, you will get the message “This name has been added by someone as a partner, funder or related organisation. If you are responsible for this organisation/project you can claim it here”. If that is your organisation/project then click the checkbox saying “I want to claim this organisation/project.”
Adding details about your page
- For type, give a short description that will make it easy for people to understand what your organisation/project does.
- If you have an existing website, add the full address in the Organisation/Project web address.
- Add at least one country where your organisation/projects works. At the moment this is limited to Eswatini, Mozambique and South Africa, as well as International.
- Make sure you are happy with the Terms for creating a page and then click on Check this box to acknowledge your agreement with the above.
- Then click on the Create your organisation or Create your project button.
- You should now see a message that your page has been created and giving a link to its location. Congratulations - you have created a page!
Adding banner and profile pictures
Customising the News feed tab
Customising the Map tab
Customing the Species tab
Customising the About tab
Defining page relationships